Posted on

Jadon Sancho ‘unofficially confirms Old Trafford transfer’, Saul eyed as Pogba replacement – The Sun


MANCHESTER UNITED fans may have to wait until JULY to see their team play in the Premier League again.

But despite the top-flight’s return date still not confirmed due to the coronavirus pandemic, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is focusing on a big summer overhaul.

We’ve got updates on the futures of Jadon Sancho and Paul Pogba, who looks set to leave with Aaron Ramsey or Saul Niguez joining in his place.

Follow all the latest gossip and news from Old Trafford below…





Source link

Posted on

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms Man Utd transfer interest in Erling Haaland


Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed that Manchester United are interested in signing his fellow Norwegian Erling Braut Haaland.

The Red Bull Salzburg forward, 19, has been in prolific goalscoring form this season, scoring 24 goals in 20 games in all competitions including eight in the Champions League.

That has led to him being linked with several clubs across Europe, but United are always said to have had an advantage due to Solskjaer’s knowledge of the teenager from their time together at Molde.

Haaland has also been linked with a move to Borussia Dortmund as well as staying within the Red Bull framework at RB Leipzig, but Solskjaer appeared hopeful of signing the teenager when he spoke after United’s 3-0 win over Colchester United in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday.

Haaland has been strongly linked with a move to United

“He is a player I like,” Solskjaer told Norwegian TV channel Viasport .

“We are looking for good players all the time.

“Erling has had a good development, so he has to develop further wherever he decides.

“I don’t need to talk so much about him, but we as a team always look for players who can complement the others we have, and then we see what we end up with.”

Solskjaer has confirmed the interest

Read More

Mirror Football’s Top Stories

Solskjaer has previously stated that he believes Haaland has already made his mind up about where his future will lie, and says that the crucial thing is that the forward goes to the club that is best for him.

“It’s the most important thing with all the players, after all, wherever they go, that they thrive where you are.” he said.

United will face Manchester City in the two-legged semi-finals of the Carabao Cup in the New Year, with Aston Villa taking on Leicester in the other last four tie.





Source link

Posted on

England boss Gareth Southgate confirms door still open for Jamie Vardy to make Three Lions return



England manager Gareth Southgate has reiterated that ‘the door is open’ for in-form Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy to make an international return.

Vardy stepped back from the national team following the 2018 World Cup in Russia, citing his age and a desire to spend more time with his family.

The Foxes striker never formally retired, and the understanding was that Southgate might recall him should circumstances deem it necessary, for example in an injury crisis.

However, the 32-year-old’s run of scoring in eight successive Premier League games has led to calls for him to be reconsidered ahead of next summer’s European Championships. 

“[His form] is not a surprise to me because physically he’s in great condition,” Southgate told beIN Sports. “He’s a bit like James Milner, not having the international week where you’ve got a couple of extra games, and as you’re getting a bit older you can manage your body differently.

“I’m sure he could do both, but at the time after the World Cup he felt that was the decision he wanted to make. We had a very grown up conversation about it and we’ve always said that the door is open.”

Part of Vardy’s decision in 2018 was based around the fact that captain Harry Kane was clearly established as England’s main centre-forward.

In Vardy’s absence, it is Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham, who sits second to Vardy in the race for the Premier League golden boot, that looks likely to play the role of Kane’s backup at Euro 2020, and Southgate is happy with how things have worked out.

“We think it’s been the right thing to look younger players,” he added. “Tammy Abraham, as an example, is also right up in those goalscoring charts and is going to push for selection for the next few years, I’m sure.

“So we are blessed with good options, but we know what Jamie can do, we know the personality he brings to the group as well, and it’s been great to see him play as well as he has with Leicester.”



Source link

Posted on

Stranded strike passengers can make claims for hotel costs, South Western Railway confirms



The strikes began after talks between RMT and SWR broke down last week, over whether human guards should operate the opening and closing of train doors.

As the strike got underway passengers complained of “dangerously overcrowded” carriages and “scrums” ensuing as commuters struggled to board trains.

One passenger, Rachel Lonergan, tweeted SWR to say: “The train I was on this morning was dangerously overcrowded with fare-paying passengers feeling very unwell.”

Another, IT manager Karl Lawson, who is waiting for a knee replacement operation, spoke of how he had to bring a foldout chair to aid his commute.

The 59-year-old from Basingstoke said: “It has been very difficult. I need a knee replacement and cannot stand for more than half an hour.

“I had to bring my own chair even though I paid for a seat. I used it on the platform and on the train.

“It is a scrum to get to the train. There is no such thing as politeness. We were told there would be queues but everyone was just fighting to get on the train.”

Other passengers were also asking on social media whether they would be eligible for refunds on their season tickets during the strike.

During previous walkouts, such as on the Northern Rail lines, passengers have been able to claim back a day’s worth of fares if they did not travel due to strike action. 

SWR said that any season ticket holder wanting to make a claim should contact their customer services and those claims would also be “reviewed individually”.





Source link