Posted on

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms Man Utd transfer interest in Erling Haaland


Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed that Manchester United are interested in signing his fellow Norwegian Erling Braut Haaland.

The Red Bull Salzburg forward, 19, has been in prolific goalscoring form this season, scoring 24 goals in 20 games in all competitions including eight in the Champions League.

That has led to him being linked with several clubs across Europe, but United are always said to have had an advantage due to Solskjaer’s knowledge of the teenager from their time together at Molde.

Haaland has also been linked with a move to Borussia Dortmund as well as staying within the Red Bull framework at RB Leipzig, but Solskjaer appeared hopeful of signing the teenager when he spoke after United’s 3-0 win over Colchester United in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday.

Haaland has been strongly linked with a move to United

“He is a player I like,” Solskjaer told Norwegian TV channel Viasport .

“We are looking for good players all the time.

“Erling has had a good development, so he has to develop further wherever he decides.

“I don’t need to talk so much about him, but we as a team always look for players who can complement the others we have, and then we see what we end up with.”

Solskjaer has confirmed the interest

Read More

Mirror Football’s Top Stories

Solskjaer has previously stated that he believes Haaland has already made his mind up about where his future will lie, and says that the crucial thing is that the forward goes to the club that is best for him.

“It’s the most important thing with all the players, after all, wherever they go, that they thrive where you are.” he said.

United will face Manchester City in the two-legged semi-finals of the Carabao Cup in the New Year, with Aston Villa taking on Leicester in the other last four tie.





Source link

Posted on

Man Utd boss Solskjaer will be handed £250MILLION to rebuild club – with Sancho and Haaland top of his shopping list – The Sun


OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER will be handed a staggering £250million next year to rebuild Manchester United.

The Old Trafford boss wants established stars who would walk into the first-team — with Jadon Sancho and Erling Haaland on his hitlist.

 Red Bull Salzburg striker and Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho are targets of Man Utd

1

Red Bull Salzburg striker and Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho are targets of Man Utd

He said: “We are going to strengthen. We are going to get starters into this team — we need to.

“We are one or two players down in numbers.

“But it doesn’t have to be this window, it might be the summer window.”

The Old Trafford transfer kitty could swell to £400m if Paul Pogba leaves for the £150m asking price.

Solskjaer shelled out almost £150m to bring in Harry Maguire, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Dan James last summer.

But he has also invested time in youth with budding stars like Mason Greenwood, 17, and Brandon Williams, 19, coming through.

Yet he knows he needs more creative options and at least one more top defender.

Dortmund’s £100m-rated Sancho and RB Salzburg whizkid Erling Haaland, 19, who is priced at £70m, are among Solskjaer’s targets.



Centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly, who would cost £80m from Napoli, and £70m midfielder Bruno Fernandes at Sporting Lisbon are some of the others on his hitlist.

Pogba could be back by Christmas after playing only six games this season due to ankle problems.

It is understood Solskjaer and executive vice–chairman Ed Woodward may reconsider their stance over the French star leaving the club.

How Man Utd could line up with Havertz, Haaland and Tuanzebe as captain with best academy prospects in world





Source link

Posted on

Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool transfer plans as Joel Matip and Fabinho battle injury


Jurgen Klopp insisted Liverpool do not need to use the January transfer window to avert a defensive injury crisis.

Dejan Lovren caused concern over a mounting injury list when he pulled up midway through Liverpool’s 3-0 win over Bournemouth on Saturday, with Joel Matip also sidelined.

Matip, normally Klopp’s first choice to partner Virgil van Dijk in the centre of defence, will be out for at least two weeks with a knee injury.

Midfielder Fabinho – who played at centre-half on occasion last season when other players were unavailable – is sidelined until at least the new year with ankle ligament damage.

An injury to Lovren would have left Van Dijk and Joe Gomez as Liverpool’s only fit centre-halves – but Klopp has confirmed that the Croatian will be fit for Tuesday’s final Champions League group game against Red Bull Salzburg.

Jurgen Klopp, pictured boarding the plane to Austria, insisted there is no injury crisis at Liverpool

Asked whether Liverpool’s injury list would force him into the January transfer market, Klopp said: “How can you be short of centre halves when you have four centre halves plus Fabinho?

“Only Fabinho is injured, Matip is injured and Dejan Lovren had a problem, yes.

“We will not sign a centre half because of injuries – that is the world outside who thinks we are short and we have to do it – but afterwards we would have six centre halves and that wouldn’t make a lot of sense.

Dejan Lovren in training on Monday ahead of Liverpool’s clash with Red Bull Salzburg

Read More

Mirror Football’s Top Stories

“And you need quality. You can’t have just somebody [for the sake of it] – I am somebody, I am tall, not quick, but I look like a centre half at least.

“Yes I am absolutely concerned [about injuries], but Lovren is not injured. It was a little bit of cramp, and the right moment to take him off, but it is cool, everybody is fine.”

Liverpool need a draw away to Salzburg to be sure of qualification to the last 16 of the Champions League, while Napoli host Genk in the other game in Group E.





Source link